As a Gas Assistant/Service Layer you will be assisting with the gas infrastructure and main and service replacement in the North West.
The role of a Gas Assistant/Service Layer:
- Ensure that all safety and environmental policies and procedures, legislative and statutory obligations are met in full.
- Ensure that all work is carried out within GIRS requirements, NRSWA, and be responsible for effective liaison and collaboration with Highways Authorities, Local Authorities and other utilities.
- Ensure that all construction work involving main laying satisfies all required safety and technical policies within GIRS.
- Ensure that all construction work involving service laying satisfies all required safety and technical policies and procedures within GIRS.
- Manage team members to ensure compliance.
- Carry out risk assessments and ensure all team members are briefed.
- Liaise with all relevant personnel to ensure operations are carried out in accordance with Network requirements.
- Engender and operate in a culture of zero tolerance of accidents and self-inflicted incidents.
- Ensure performance meets the requirements of the business and foster a culture of team working and safety.
- Operate within the appropriate safety management systems as defined in HS(G)65 and HS(G)47.
- Responsible for the health, safety and environmental issues pertaining to direct reports including safe control of operations, permits, and maintenance of ISO9001, ISO14001 and ISO18001 accreditation
The ideal candidate will have:
- NCO 1 Assistant or NCO 2 Service Layer
- NRSWA Accreditation
- SHEA Gas
- Full UK Driving License
- Gas main/service laying experience
- Good working knowledge of current relevant statutory regulations
- Broad technical knowledge relating to gas system installations, gas pipeline construction, modification and maintenance
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence persuade and communicate with people at all levels
- Full Time
- Permanent Position
- Van, tools and PPE provided
- North West Based
- £145 - £160 per day (CIS)